1. Personal Data Collection Types
A. Information You Give Us
We collect personal data that you voluntarily share with us through the site. For example, we may ask you to register and provide information when you download free information, such as whitepapers and email newsletters, or if you respond to a marketing campaign.
B. Information Collected Through Technology on the Site
C. Third-Party-Provided Information
We supplement the information we collect about you through the site with records received from third parties in order to enhance our ability to serve you, to tailor our content to you, and to offer you information that we believe may be of interest to you.
2. Personal Data Collection Purposes
We use the information we collect to serve you and improve your experience on the site. These purposes include:
- Responding to requests for information
- Responding to requests for service quotes
- Providing users free whitepapers
- Registering users for Rule4 promotional materials and events
- Contacting users for marketing, advertising, and sales purposes
- Responding to questions and feedback
- Conducting market research and analysis
- Continuously evaluating and improving the online user experience
- Network and information security
- Fraud prevention
- Reporting suspected criminal acts
- Compliance with the law or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Rule4, our users, or others
3. Personal Data Sharing
We do not sell or rent your personal data to third parties. The following are some of the ways we share your personal data:Required DisclosuresWe may be required to share personal data in a court proceeding, in response to a court order, subpoena, civil discovery request, other legal process, or as otherwise required by law.Legal Compliance and ProtectionsWe may disclose account and other personal data when we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Rule4, our users, or others. This includes exchanging personal data with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
4. Personal Data Protection
The security and confidentiality of your personal data is important to us. We have technical, administrative, and physical security measures in place to protect your personal data from unauthorized access or disclosure and improper use.For example, we use Transport Security Layer (TSL) encryption to protect the data collection forms on our site. In addition, access to client information is restricted to authorized personnel only. Only employees who need the personal data to perform a specific job are granted access to personal data. Employees with access to personal data are kept up to date on our security and privacy practices.Please note that despite our reasonable efforts, no security measure is ever perfect or impenetrable, so we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data.
5. Data Retention
We retain your personal data for the duration of the client relationship, if any. We also retain your personal data for 12 months after our last interaction with you.
6. Personal Data Collection Choices
- To prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, you can install Google’s opt-out browser add-on.
- To opt out of interest-based advertising, you can visit http://optout.networkadvertising.org/#!/ and follow NAI’s on-screen instructions. Note that if you opt out through the NAI, you will still receive advertising, but the advertising will not be tailored to your interests. In addition, if you opt out through NAI and later delete your cookies, use a different browser, or buy a new device, you will need to opt out of interest-based advertising again.
- To opt out of ads on Facebook or Google that are targeted to your interests, use your Facebook, LinkedIn, or Google Ads settings.
- Check your mobile device for settings that control ads based on your interactions with the applications on your device.
This site contains proprietary notices and copyright information, the terms of which must be observed and followed. This site and all content in this site may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, distributed, or used for the creation of derivative works without Rule4’s prior written consent, except that Rule4 grants you non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited permission to access and display the pages within this site, solely on your computer and for your personal, non-commercial use of this site. This permission is conditioned on your not modifying the content displayed on this site, your keeping intact all copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices, and your acceptance of any terms, conditions, and notices accompanying the content or otherwise set forth in this site. Notwithstanding the foregoing, any software and other materials that are made available for downloading, access, or other use from this site with their own license terms, conditions, and notices will be governed by such terms, conditions, and notices.Your failure to comply with the terms, conditions, and notices on this site will result in automatic termination of any rights granted to you, without prior notice, and you must immediately destroy all copies of downloaded materials in your possession or control. Except for the limited permission in the preceding paragraph, Rule4 does not grant you any express or implied rights or licenses under any patents, trademarks, copyrights, or other proprietary or intellectual property rights. You may not mirror any of the content from this site on another website or in any other media.
9. Certain Disclaimers
Information on this site is not promised or guaranteed to be correct, current, or complete, and this site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Rule4 assumes no responsibility (and expressly disclaims responsibility) for updating this site to keep information current or to ensure the accuracy or completeness of any posted information. Accordingly, you should confirm the accuracy and completeness of all posted information before making any decision related to any services, products, or other matters described in this site.
10. Trademarks and Logos
Rule4 and the Rule4 logo are registered service marks of Rule4, Inc. All other product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Their use does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by the holders.