- has the specialized technical, leadership, and governance skills necessary to provide a comprehensive cybersecurity approach that detects, prevents, and mitigates threats while being mindful of the organization’s mission.
- provides objective insight into improving the security posture of your organization.
- works with the business to align strategic goals.
- provides a clear cybersecurity point of contact for key stakeholders such as board members and investors.
Virtual Chief Information Security Officer
Every expedition needs a leader.
Any organization that relies on technology needs a CISO to lead the way.
A qualified CISO…
Highly qualified, trusted advisors
Rule4’s highly qualified experts (with certifications such as CISSP, ISSMP, ISSAP, CSSA, PCI QSA, CISA, HCISPP, and GIAC GCFA, and infrastructure-oriented certifications such as CCIE, GCE, AWS Solutions Architect, and MCITP, as well as our world-recognized expertise embodied in the Unix and Linux System Administration Handbook) can fill the CISO role within your organization as a virtual CISO, or vCISO. Our vCISO services are available under a temporary or long-term arrangement, with a scope and effort sized to fit your organization’s needs.
A vCISO's work is never done.
While every engagement is unique, typical areas of focus for a vCISO include the following:
- Provide ongoing strategic cybersecurity guidance to assist with fulfilling the organization’s mission.
- Develop, implement, and monitor a cybersecurity program plan for the organization.
- Work with information technology and security staff to set and report on strategic cybersecurity objectives.
- Provide oversight on technology and cybersecurity remediation plan activities.
- Provide leadership and guidance in the event of a security breach or incident.
- Review revisions and provide feedback on updated cybersecurity policies, IT process documentation, etc.
- Provide recommendations on security system review and risk assessment frameworks.
- Provide guidance on navigating industry-specific regulations and compliance requirements.
- Assist with IT environment security design.
- Assist with cybersecurity training program design and facilitation.
- Oversee cybersecurity resource allocation and effectiveness.
- Develop cybersecurity policies and procedures.
- Provide mentorship for cybersecurity team members.
We can help!
Find out how a vCISO can help lead your organization to the next level.