Virtual CIRT / vCIRT
For any company with valuable information assets, cyber attacks are no longer a question of if—they’re a question of when. In the event of a cybersecurity incident, your organization must be prepared to respond swiftly and precisely to assess the situation, mitigate the damage, and make informed decisions about how to move forward.
A virtual Cybersecurity Incident Response Team (vCIRT) can provide a much needed function for your organization in place of an in-house team, or it can work alongside your organization’s in-house technical and security teams. The vCIRT team provides incident response assistance, expert response management, forensic imaging and analysis, incident readiness preparation, and post mortem analysis. Comprehensive incident management resources include:
- Responding to cybersecurity incidents swiftly and precisely.
- Providing guidance of how to proceed based on hands-on experience with hundreds of prior incidents.
- Ensuring forensically sound evidence acquisition using chain of custody.
- Providing accurate, situation-relevant analysis and reporting.
- Reducing legal, financial, and operational risks stemming from cybersecurity incidents.
- Providing incident handling materials to key staff.
- Instilling confidence that incidents are handled by trained experts using industry best practices.
- Leading and managing on-site command of active incidents.
- Facilitating full-scale, on-site incident response exercises and training, including an annual “tabletop” exercise to ensure that procedures are understood and roles rehearsed.
- Providing expert witness testimony.
- Conducting an annual review and update of the organization’s cybersecurity incident response plan.
- Performing an annual incident response readiness assessment that evaluates the organization’s existing procedures, forensic imaging capabilities, communications plans and policies, roles and responsibilities, and incident response awareness.
- Strengthening the organization’s overall cybersecurity posture.
Rule4 provides a 7×24 vCIRT team, with services tailored to your organization’s size, needs, and risk. Our team of security experts with more than three decades of combined incident response experience—including certifications such as CISSP, ISSMP, ISSAP, CSSA, PCI QSA, CISA, HCISPP, and GIAC GCFA—will ensure that your organization won’t be caught off-guard during a critical security incident.
Contact Rule4 to discover how a vCIRT can give you peace of mind against dangerous cyber threats at a fraction of the cost of hiring an in-house incident response team.