Virtual CISO / vCISO
Every organization that relies on technology needs a CISO to lead the way. A qualified CISO has the specialized technical, leadership, and governance skills necessary to provide a comprehensive cybersecurity approach that detects, prevents, and mitigates threats while being mindful of the organization’s mission.
A CISO provides objective insight into improving the security posture of your organization, works with the business to align strategic goals, and provides a clear cybersecurity point of contact for key stakeholders such as board members and investors.
Rule4’s highly qualified experts (with certifications such as CISSP, ISSMP, ISSAP, CSSA, PCI QSA, CISA, HCISPP, and GIAC GCFA, and infrastructure-oriented certifications such as CCIE, GCE, AWS Solutions Architect, and MCITP, as well as our world-recognized expertise embodied in the Unix and Linux System Administration Handbook) can fill the CISO role within your organization as a virtual CISO, or vCISO. Our vCISO services are available under a temporary or long-term arrangement, with a scope and effort sized to fit your organization’s needs.
While every engagement is unique, typical areas of focus for a CISO include:
- Provide ongoing strategic cybersecurity guidance to assist with fulfilling the organization’s mission
- Develop, implement, and monitor a cybersecurity program plan for the organization.
- Work with information technology and security staff to set and report on strategic cybersecurity objectives
- Provide oversight on technology and cybersecurity remediation plan activities
- Provide leadership and guidance in the event of a security breach or incident
- Review revisions and provide feedback on updated cybersecurity policies, IT process documentation, etc.
- Provide recommendations on security system review and risk assessment frameworks.
- Provide guidance on navigating industry-specific regulations and compliance requirements
- Assist with IT environment security design
- Assist with cybersecurity training program design and facilitation
- Oversee cybersecurity resource allocation and effectiveness
- Develop cybersecurity policies and procedures
- Provide mentorship for cybersecurity team members
Contact us today to find out how a vCISO can help lead your organization to the next level.